Friday, April 06, 2007

Ta da

I'm baaack. The internet trolls finally let me go across the bridge. I haven't posted much lately cause well our websense had filtered out blogs. Now I'm back mwhahahaha.
I am busy preparing for Easter Sunday in a couple of days.
It has really only occurred to me in the last couple of years how hopeless the world was on Good Friday. I went to service yesterday and they did this thing called 'stripping the chapel' After the service we took everything out and put it away. The chapel was left an empty building everything that made it look like a church was taken out.
Without Christ church means nothing. Our calling as pastors and preachers means nothing. So we emptied the church in anticipation of life. Life that comes on Sunday.

7 Comments:

Blogger Roland said...

Hallelujah! and Happy Easter!

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sometimes it's good to be away from the familiar trappings so you see things like that. I spent my Easter here in Kuwait. In the end the Gospel is about Jesus and people coming together, and I got a little glimpse of that here.

We should be able to get Settlers of Cataan going when I get back in a few days!

4:56 PM  
Blogger Judy Schletty said...

Hi Todd,
Good to hear you're safe and that you'll be coming home the middle of July.

We're counting the days and now it seems more in reach.

Took a jaunt to the North Shore last Sat. night. Best part of trip was a book on tape we listened to on the way home. Even better beause we got it at a Miller Mall Dollar Store.
Randy convinced me not to buy an expensive book at Barnes and Noble because he has the expertise to download all those mystery and detective stories off the internet.

Thanks for your recent post and the call to your dad.

God bless. Love and prayers, Judy and Uncle Randy

1:27 AM  
Blogger Chaplain Luken said...

eagerly awaiting your return. We haven't had a tuesday night out since you left. Have started to pack so I am getting the fever for going home.

12:59 PM  
Blogger Roland said...

Todd, I'm sorry to hear you have a fever. I hope it ends SOON!!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Roland said...

(the fever thing is a joke, read your comment above mine) :)

12:16 AM  
Blogger Chaplain Luken said...

Actually I did have a fever recently

4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home