Saturday, April 15, 2006

Hope is on the way

Day 8. Happy Easter. They killed Jesus on Friday. He predicted it would happen. He told his disciples he would be back from the grave. Still they were sad and scared. Everything they believed about this man Jesus seemed to be just a dream that had just been taken away. Sunday came and not only restored their hopes, but it surpassed their wildest dreams. Jesus rose from the dead that Sunday and by doing so defeated death and brought hope to all men. Easter represents all of what was won on the cross, it represents Satan's ultimate defeat. "There is a deeper magic." You may be at a Friday night in your life, you may have lost all your hopes and dreams for the future. Be patient Sunday is on its way. (just quick sum up of today's sermon.)

I got my room today, it is so nice to have a semi-permanent place to stay. I can finally unpack and buy those little things I have been waiting to get like bed sheets. You get really picky about what you have when you have to carry it all around. I went to the local Iraqi bazaar today to see if I could find anything for my room. I tried to buy a bed blanket but we couldn't agree on a price. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to find regular old sheets in this place. I think next time I will look for some rugs or something for the floor.

Today I also got a visit from my Brigade chaplain, Chaplain Wendt. It was nice to see him, he is so encouraging. We had a long talk and then went to dinner. He says that this place is much nicer than the place where he is staying. I will have to go visit him sometime and compare for myself.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pablo said...

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I'm a former minister myself, not to mention a Pisces(!), and I really respect what you're doing over there. God bless you as you minister in the battlefield.

1:01 AM  
Blogger Roland said...

Hi. Will try to write later. :)
Good post.

8:29 AM  
Blogger Chaplain Luken said...

Hey pablo, keep doing what you are doing. you are a boost to my sanity

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home